Edwardian Fireplace Mantels
Some are currently coordinating a fireplace mantel layout having a Flat Panel Television set up. In many homes, a mantel design might include extra woodwork on the wall above the key mantel, often termed an Overmantel. An over mantel is in fact only a second mantel installed above the key fireplace mantel, built to either the same dimensions or at times narrower and either shorter or taller than the main mantel below. Some individuals finish the interior of an Overmantel with a mirror while others merely let the wall of theirs show through the opening.
Here are Images about Edwardian Fireplace Mantels
Edwardian Fireplace Mantels
Shabby White Chic Victorian Fireplace Mantel Headboard
In domestic perform of fourteenth century, the fireplace mantel was drastically enhanced in order to enable of the members of the family sitting on both sides of the fire on the hearth, and in these cases great beams of timber were employed to have the hood; in these kinds of cases the fireplace was so profoundly recessed as to become externally a vital architectural characteristic, as at Haddon Hall. The largest hearth mantel existing is within the wonderful hall on the Palais des Comtes at giving Poitiers, that is roughly 30 foot wide, having 2 intermediate supports to take the hood; the stone flues are carried up between the tracery of an astounding window above.
Large Wooden Mantel – W117 – 19th Century, Antique Fireplaces, Renaissance, Victorian
Top 60 Best Fireplace Mantel Designs – Interior Surround Ideas
114 best Victorian Fireplace Mantels images on Pinterest Fireplace mantels, Fireplace mantles
An Edwardian fireplace mantel is a timeless piece of architecture that can add elegance and character to any room. With their ornate details and elegant lines, Edwardian fireplace mantels are a popular choice for homeowners looking to add a touch of sophistication to their living space. In this guide, we will explore the characteristics of Edwardian fireplace mantels, the materials and tools you will need, and the steps to take to create a beautiful and functional fireplace mantel that will be the focal point of your room.
Characteristics of Edwardian Fireplace Mantels
- Ornate details: Edwardian fireplace mantels are known for their ornate details such as carvings, moldings, and inlays.
- Elegant lines: The lines of an Edwardian fireplace mantel are clean and elegant, with a strong emphasis on symmetry.
- Color and materials: Edwardian fireplace mantels were typically made of marble or wood, and were often painted in neutral colors such as white or beige.
Materials and Tools Needed
- Marble or wood for the mantel
- Paint (if desired)
- Tape measure
- Drill bit
Steps to Creating a Beautiful and Functional Edwardian Fireplace Mantel
- Measure the space: Before you start, measure the space where you want to install your Edwardian fireplace mantel. This will ensure that you have the right amount of materials and that the mantel will fit properly.
- Choose the right material: Edwardian fireplace mantels were typically made of marble or wood, so choose the material that best matches the style of your home and your personal taste.
- Prepare the surface: Clean the surface of the fireplace and make sure that it is dry and free of any debris.
- Cut the mantel to size: Using a saw, cut the mantel to the correct size and shape. Sand down any rough edges.
- Install the mantel: Apply caulk to the back of the mantel and press it into place. Use a drill to attach the mantel to the fireplace with screws.
- Finish the mantel: If desired, paint the mantel in a neutral color such as white or beige. Allow the paint to dry completely before using the fireplace.
Common Questions and Answers
Q: Can an Edwardian fireplace mantel be made from other materials? A: While traditional Edwardian fireplace mantels were made from marble or wood, modern interpretations can be made from other materials such as cast stone or plaster.
Q: Can an Edwardian fireplace mantel be painted a different color? A: Yes, an Edwardian fireplace mantel can be painted a different color, but it is best to stick with neutral colors such as white or beige to maintain the elegant look of the mantel.
Q: How much does an Edwardian fireplace mantel cost? A: The cost of an Edwardian fireplace mantel will vary depending on the materials and size of the mantel. Marble mantels tend to be more expensive than wooden mantels.
An Edwardian fireplace mantel is a beautiful and timeless addition to any home. With their ornate details and elegant lines, these mantels can add sophistication and character to any room. By following the right steps and using the right materials and tools, you can create a beautiful and functional Edwardian fireplace mantel that will be the focal point of your room.