Zero Clearance Wood Burning Fireplace Insert
A gas fireplace insert is actually a better choice compared to wood-burning fireplace, since they’re cleaner, safer, as well as good and easier looking. Gas fireplaces, are inserted inside an existing fireplace, in addition to this is just how it’s changed into a gasoline fireplace insert. Gas fireplace inserts come with a thermostat or a remote control. The cost for a unit ranges from a couple of hundred dollars, to a number of thousands dollars. They are offered in a multitude of types, which includes traditional masonry and more contemporary looks. They fit very easily into your existing heat losing device to transform it into an effective heat source. You will find vent-free fireplace inserts which don’t call for a chimney.
Here are Images about Zero Clearance Wood Burning Fireplace Insert
Zero Clearance Wood Burning Fireplace Insert
Rais 60 Insert Wood Fireplace For Sale
If you’re renovating, remodeling or simply do not understand what to do with that old fireplace, consider upgrading it using a fireplace insert. Nearly all individuals are not cognizant of all the scenarios afforded by this option but actually there are many. The assembly of a fireplace insert can turn the occasional source of warmth into a new and easy supplemental heater. These days, fireplace inserts are supposed to enhance the look and better the working effectiveness of older fireplaces, no matter if masonry or perhaps factory built. Inserts are made either from cast iron or maybe steel and also have insulated glass doors which provide enjoyment of the fire while generting the burning a lot more efficient.
Kingsman 24 Inch Zero Clearance Vent Free Gas Firebox
Kuma Ashwood Insert Smokeys Stoves
Builders Installed Products – Insulation & Sub-contractor – NH, VT, MA, ME
A zero clearance wood burning fireplace insert is a great way to update an existing fireplace and increase energy efficiency. These inserts are designed to be installed in a traditional fireplace without the need for a bulky chimney or additional framing. In this guide, we will explore the benefits of zero clearance wood burning fireplace inserts, the materials and tools you will need, and the steps to take to install a zero clearance insert in your existing fireplace.
Benefits of Zero Clearance Wood Burning Fireplace Inserts
- Energy efficiency: Zero clearance inserts are designed to be more energy efficient than traditional fireplaces, which can save you money on heating costs.
- Easy installation: These inserts can be installed in an existing fireplace without the need for a bulky chimney or additional framing.
- Increased heat output: Zero clearance inserts typically have a higher heat output than traditional fireplaces, which can help to heat your home more efficiently.
Materials and Tools Needed
- Zero clearance wood burning fireplace insert
- Fireproof insulation
- Drill bit
- Tape measure
Steps to Installing a Zero Clearance Wood Burning Fireplace Insert
- Measure the space: Before you start, measure the space where you want to install your zero clearance insert. This will ensure that you have the right size insert and that it will fit properly.
- Prepare the surface: Clean the surface of the existing fireplace and make sure that it is dry and free of any debris.
- Install the fireproof insulation: Apply fireproof insulation to the back and sides of the existing fireplace.
- Insert the zero clearance insert: Place the zero clearance insert into the existing fireplace and level it. Use a drill to attach the insert to the existing fireplace with screws.
- Seal the gaps: Use caulk to seal any gaps around the insert to prevent drafts.
- Connect to the chimney: Connect the zero clearance insert to the chimney using the manufacturer’s instructions.
Common Questions and Answers
Q: Can a zero clearance wood burning fireplace insert be installed in any type of fireplace? A: Zero clearance inserts are designed to be installed in traditional fireplaces. They may not be suitable for other types of fireplaces, such as gas or electric fireplaces.
Q: How much does a zero clearance wood burning fireplace insert cost? A: The cost of a zero clearance wood burning fireplace insert will vary depending on the size and features of the insert. On average, these inserts can cost anywhere from $1000 to $3000.
Q: How do I know what size zero clearance insert I need? A: To determine the right size zero clearance insert for your existing fireplace, measure the inside of the fireplace opening. The insert should fit snugly into the opening without any gaps.
A zero clearance wood burning fireplace insert is a great way to update an existing fireplace and increase energy efficiency. These inserts are designed to be installed in a traditional fireplace without the need for a bulky chimney or additional framing. By following the right steps and using the right materials and tools, you can easily install a zero clearance insert in your existing fireplace. With the right care and maintenance, a zero clearance insert can provide you with years of reliable heat and energy savings.