Modern Wooden Fireplace Surrounds
Wooden fireplace surrounds have become increasingly popular in recent years, and it’s no wonder why. With their natural warmth, timeless beauty, and versatility, they are a fantastic addition to any home. Whether you are looking to add a touch of sophistication to your living room, create a cozy atmosphere in your bedroom, or revamp your outdoor space, a modern wooden fireplace surround can make all the difference. We will be discussing everything you need to know about modern wooden fireplace surrounds. From the types of wood and styles available to the benefits of a wooden surround and how to properly care for it, we have got you covered. Let’s dive in!
Modern Wooden Fireplace Surrounds
People who have had a brick fireplace surround may feel as though it’s a rougher-textured design element that is nearly impossible to clean, when it’s absorbed the black soot and smoke. With the selections of marble, you are able to buy a smooth, shiny finish or sealer on the open fireplace surrounds, which makes it very easy to wipe clean and continue it protected. Not only does this keep the fireplace of yours seeming newer, however, the room is cleaner and easier to clean since you can wipe them clean with ease after you have used up a fire in your fireplace.
Simple white wooden fireplace surround with slate insert (to match floors of … (With images
Gas and Electrc Fires Inset Gas Fires and Fire Places Surround
20 Nature-Loving Fireplace Ideas
When it comes to updating the look of your home, there are many options to choose from. One of the most popular ways to update the appearance of your living space is by adding a modern wooden fireplace surround. In this guide, we will take a deep dive into the world of wooden fireplace surrounds, exploring all of the different styles, materials, and designs available to you. Whether you are looking to update an existing fireplace or add a new one to your home, we have all of the information you need to make the perfect choice.
What are Wooden Fireplace Surrounds?
Wooden fireplace surrounds are a type of fireplace surround that is made of wood. They are designed to surround your fireplace, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere in your home. The surrounds come in a variety of styles, ranging from traditional to contemporary, and are made from a variety of different woods, such as oak, maple, and cherry.
Benefits of Wooden Fireplace Surrounds
There are many benefits to choosing a wooden fireplace surround. First, they are an excellent way to add warmth and character to your home. A beautiful wooden surround will draw the eye and become the focal point of your room. Wooden surrounds also offer a level of versatility that other materials cannot match. They can be painted or stained to match your existing decor, or you can choose a natural finish that will allow the wood grain to shine through.
Different Types of Wooden Fireplace Surrounds
When it comes to choosing a wooden fireplace surround, there are several different types to choose from. The most common types include traditional, contemporary, and rustic. Each of these styles offers its own unique look and feel, so you can choose the one that best fits your personal style and taste.
Traditional Wooden Fireplace Surrounds
Traditional wooden fireplace surrounds are designed to look like they have been in your home for many years. They often feature intricate details and ornate designs, giving them a classic and timeless look. These surrounds are perfect for homes with a more traditional decor style, such as those with colonial or Victorian architecture.
Contemporary Wooden Fireplace Surrounds
Contemporary wooden fireplace surrounds are designed to look modern and sleek. They often feature clean lines and minimal designs, making them the perfect choice for homes with a more modern decor style. Contemporary surrounds can be made from a variety of woods, including oak, maple, and cherry, and can be painted or stained to match your existing decor.
Rustic Wooden Fireplace Surrounds
Rustic wooden fireplace surrounds are designed to look like they have been taken straight from a cabin in the woods. They often feature rough-hewn wood, knotty pine, and other natural elements that give them a rugged, outdoorsy look. Rustic surrounds are perfect for homes with a more casual or relaxed decor style, such as those with a cabin or beach house vibe.
How to Properly Care for Your Wooden Fireplace Surround
To keep your wooden fireplace surround looking its best for years to come, it’s important to properly care for it. Here are some tips to help you keep your surround in top condition:
- Dust regularly: Dust your fireplace surround regularly to remove any buildup of dirt or debris.
- Use a mild soap: If you need to clean your surround, use a mild soap and warm water. Be sure to dry thoroughly to avoid any water damage.
- Avoid exposure to heat: Direct heat exposure can cause your wooden fireplace surround to warp or crack, so it’s important to avoid this whenever possible.
- Re-stain or seal as needed: Over time, the finish on your fireplace surround may start to fade or wear away. If this happens, re-staining or sealing your surround will help to protect it and keep it looking its best.
Choosing the Right Wooden Fireplace Surround
With so many options available, choosing the right wooden fireplace surround for your home can be a daunting task. Let’s discuss the important factors to consider when choosing the right wooden fireplace surround for your home.
- Material: Popular options include oak, cherry, and maple. Choose a material that matches the style of your home and fits your budget.
- Finish: The finish can greatly impact the overall look of the surround. Choose a finish that complements the room’s décor and provides durability.
- Size: Measure the dimensions of your fireplace to ensure that the surround fits properly.
- Style: Consider the style of the surround, from traditional to contemporary, to match the overall style of your home.
- Installation: Some surrounds require professional installation, while others can be easily installed by the homeowner. Determine your level of comfort with the installation process before making a purchase.
Ultimately, choose a wooden fireplace surround that meets your aesthetic, functional, and budget requirements.